Children of Utila
Children of Utila exists to meet the basic needs of the children at Utila’s public school so they can get an education.
We fight every day for the Children of Utila to receive the best education possible at the public school. We stand in the gap between extreme need and resources that improve health, sanitation, and education. We know the children are the future of this tiny Caribbean island and education can transform a life to give them a chance to rise above poverty, illiteracy, and hopelessness.
Our teams are uniquely positioned to build real relationships with the children and teachers because of consistent and personal interaction. We have found this to be a key component in bringing relevant and timely solutions to current needs. Partnering with donors and volunteers, we strive to daily do for one child what we wish we could do for all children of Utila.
- Raise awareness and advocate for Children of Utila to your friends & family via your social media communities
- Contribute financially to uniforms, lunch program, playground projects
- Organize a campaign fundraiser for ongoing projects
- Volunteer for various programs – English tutor, playground project, library organization
- Be a “Big Brother/Big Sister” to a student – (for those living on the island)
- Donate school supplies – pencils, pens, backpacks, etc.
If you are on the island, please let us know and we’d love to meet up with you.
Or you can click on the “Donate” button to the right of this post. Please follow instructions carefully.
You can also go to Mission Dispatch - once on the giving page, please follow instructions carefully to make sure Children of Utila receives the donation via online or check payment.
Facebook - Real-time updates and images
Email: jill @ childrenofutila.org